Andy's Math/CS page

Friday, May 23, 2008

A Must-See Site

It's called Theorem of the Day. I just found it, so I can't judge how accurate the frequency claim is, but Robin Whitty has stacked up an impressive collection of short, illustrated introductions to major theorems. I like his taste... two that were news to me and I especially liked in my first sampling: Nevanlinna's Five-Value Theorem and The Analyst's Traveling Salesman Problem.

Sign Robin's guestbook, spread the word, and recommend a theorem of CS theory! (I see at least 3 already, if you count unsolvability of Diophantine equations.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hi Andy,

    I am not formally involved in Computer Science but consider it a hobby and one that I am very passionate about learning more about.

    I wanted to share this with you and see if you had any thoughts.

    This is from the search engine I built:

    http://www.meami.org/?cx=000961116824240632825%3A5n3yth9xwbo&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=blogs.nytimes.com+musatov+P+versus+NP&sa=Search#1135

    Theory of Computing Blog Aggregator
    Apr 28, 2009 ... Martin Musatov, a horror-film screenwriter, P=NP crank, ... which preclude it from serious consideration toward having resolved P-versus-NP. ...
    feedworld.net/toc/

    Any thoughts or am I just way off base. I am sorry to disturb you with this.

    I have huge respect for anyone with a desire to learn and even more respect for those with the patience to teach.

    By Blogger M-Wave, at 3:04 AM  

  • LOL

    By Anonymous Propecia, at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home